Reva Davis and her daughter, Abbie Jules, received a sweet surprise during a visit Thursday to the Greenwood Mall.
That’s where Cotton, a therapy dog and volunteer at Hospice House and Palliative Care of the Piedmont and the Self Regional Cancer Center was waiting — tail wagging as he welcomed them with a kiss.
Similarly, lively scenes played out up and down the mall’s long hallway, during a Summer Showcase event sponsored by the Index-Journal that gave shoppers a chance to vote for their favorite businesses in a variety of categories.
The three-hour long bash also included live demonstrations, including hairstyling by ReVamp studio, a cosmetic display by Belk and a mini fashion show curated by House of Elegance.
• ReVamp Studio in the businesses and services category
• The Humane Society of Greenwood in the clubs and organizations category
• Anytime Fitness in the fitness, sports and recreation category
• Buenavista Latin Café in the food and restaurants category
• Belk in the retail category
• Hospice and Palliative Care of the Piedmont in the health category
The Summer Showcase was Thursday at properties across the Hull Property Group inventory as a celebration of area businesses, regardless of whether they’re housed inside a respective mall.
Contact staff writer Adam Benson at 864-943-5650 or on Twitter @ABensonIJ.